Here are some times for searching our library's catalog. You can get to the catalog directly using the catalog URL: https://laconia.biblionix.com
We also have a video to give an overview: https://youtu.be/5sxFP_zmbcI
To search, simply type a word, words, or phrase into the "Search" box at the top of the screen. Then either push the Enter key on your keyboard or click the GO! button.
- DVDs based on books by John Grisham: grisham dvd
- The Lord of the Rings series: lord of the rings
- Snakes in Texas: snakes texas
- Items involving a particular fictitious character: jack ryan
- That book you heard about once, written by somebody named Fred that has "Sea" somewhere in the title: fred sea
If you wish to perform very detailed searches this option is for you. It also allows you to examine the subject categories that the library is using.
Once you have your list of results, click an item, green or pink, to see more information and to place a reserve on it. When you click on an item, the item will expand in the search results list revealing more information.
Each line/item is color-coded:
Green for “In” and available for check out
Pink for “Out” and not available.
The Label column tells you where to locate the item in the library.
The In column tells you how many copies are available.
You can also place a reserve on an item by logging in to your member account. When the item becomes available, you will be notified.