June 1, 2022- June 10, 2022 for all State Offices
August 3, 2022- August 12, 2022 for Laconia School Board positions Wards 2 & 3 only.
2022 Election Dates & Polling Hours:
Tuesday September 13, 2022 from 7 AM- 7 PM NH State Primary
Tuesday November 8, 2022 from 7 AM- 7 PM NH State General Election; Municipal Election for Wards 2 & 3 School Board only.
Last day for Party Affiliation changes was May 31, 2022. No party changes can be made in between June 1, 2022- September 13, 2022.
Supervisor of the Checklist SessionAugust 2, 2022 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM at the Laconia City Clerk's Office
The purpose of this session is to finalize all pending voter registrations prior to the filing period for the City's Municipal Election for Wards 2 & 3 School Board seats.
The following documents are required for voter registration in the State of New Hampshire.
- Proof of Identity (examples: drivers license, non-drivers ID, or passport - or a Qualified Voter Affidavit may be completed)
- Proof of Citizenship (examples: birth certificate, passport or naturalization papers - or a Qualified Voter Affidavit may be completed
- Proof of Domicile/Residency (examples: utility bill, mail with your current address post marked within the last 30 days
Supervisors of the Checklist:Marilyn Brown, Ward 1Elizabeth Cooper, Ward 2David Stamps, Ward 3Amber Flanders, Ward 4Christine Callaghan, Ward 5
Lynda Brock, Ward 6 (Chair)
If you have additional question regarding voter registration, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 527-1265.
The City of Laconia follows suit with the State of New Hampshire's RSA 664:17 in regards to NOT posting political signs on the City of Laconia's property.
RSA 664:17 regulates the placement of political advertising.
- Public property - no political advertising shall be place or affixed to any public property including highway rights-of-way
- Private property - requires the owners consent
- Utility poles/highway signs - no political advertising is allowed
- State-owned rights-of-way - political advertising is allowed as long as the advertising does not obstruct the safe flow of traffic and the advertising is placed with the consent of the owner of the land over which the right-of-way passes